[ltp] Which SSD for a X201?

Aidan Marks linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 20 Apr 2011 10:36:59 +1000

The original TOSHIBA THNS128GG4BAAA-NonFDE 128G in my X201 is not
recommended.  It was fine for a few months, now quite frequently it
hangs the system for minutes at a time while the hdd light flickers and
iotop shows nothing interesting.  I understand it has a jmicron
controller with little buffering.  I'm not sure of the root cause.  It
also doesn't support trim and there is no firmware update available.  A
windows user in the office who got their machine around the same time
has hit the same issue.

I have intel G2 SSDs in other thinkpads and they work great.