[ltp] Buying a New Thinkpad

Thu, 28 Apr 2011 01:23:01 -0300

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011, Steven J. Owens wrote:
>      My old thinkpad is a 15" t43p.  I'm leaning towards upgrading to
> a 17", after years of screen-size-envy :-).  Any reasons to avoid the

You'll actually need a 17" to retain the vertical size you had in your
T43/p in the first place.  AFAIK, all screens are either 16:10
(2009-2010 models) or 16:9 (2011 models).  You'll wish you could use the
notebook sideways like a tablet...  and probably that you could replace
the pannel with something Dell and Apple uses.

The X220 has one model with an IPS screen, but it is has low resolution.

>      - prefer intel wifi over atheros (the upgrade to intel wifi
>        is free, so why not?)

Check which Intel card works well, first.

>      - prefer broadcom bluetooth
>      - get the LED screen

You better check the quality of the TFT pannel and resolution.

  Henrique Holschuh