[ltp] Power management on the X220

Rubin Abdi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 06 Aug 2011 01:26:17 +0200

--------------enig57B0E84E498F2419908E9E72

Hi there, new to the list.

I just converted back over to Linux after 3-4 year with Mac. Kind of
happy about that. Anyhow I got an X220 and am thrilled with the machine,
running Debian Sid right now. I'm wondering if anyone could give me any
pointers on getting the battery life somewhere in the vicinity of what
Windows users would get with it (6 - 8 hours with a 9 cell battery).
Currently I get a bit past 3 hours before I heard the beeps of death. My
setup includes an mSATA drive running root, and a 1tb platter drive for
storage that shuts off after 10 seconds. The fan in the machine
typically runs at a medium setting non-stop.

Thanks!

--=20
Rubin Abdi
rubin@starset.net