[ltp] Excessive power consumption: x220 with Fedora 15

Alessandro Crismani linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 12 Aug 2011 10:27:03 +0100

On date gioved=C3=AC 11 agosto 2011, Christos Papadopoulos=20
<christos@cs.colostate.edu> wrote:
> Powertop reports 16-17W with machine idle. Unit is X220-4286, Intel=20=

> graphics and network. Is this normal? Any ideas how to reduce it?

Just out of curosity, have you got a Sandy Bridge CPU (X220 should have=
 it)?=20
Which kernel version are you using, 3.0? I'm asking because there is a =
bug=20
with SNB CPUs on 3.0 that produces a power regression. See:

where a workaround is given if that's your case.

and a furtehr discussion in
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=3D974592#p974592

Hope it helps,
Alessandro