[ltp] Thinkpad_EC not affected by buttons

Wade Curry linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 14 Aug 2011 18:46:09 -0700

Yves-Alexis Perez(corsac@debian.org) wrote:
> On dim., 2011-08-14 at 00:43 -0700, Wade Curry wrote:
> > thinkpad-acpi experimental=1 fan_control=1 enable=1 index=1
> > volume_mode=3 \
> >              volume_capabilities=1 volume_control=1
>
> Is there a good reason for not using the defaults?

The defaults didn't detect the correct volume capabilities.  I have
a loopback alsa device (virtual sound card) that competes with the
thinkpad_ec for the index number.  The default left the alsa
interface disabled, but the tpacpi kernel docs said that was the
preferred interface...   So, yeah.  I started with defaults and
automatic detection, but these settings are an improvement.

Wade