[ltp] Thinkpad_EC not affected by buttons

Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:30:13 -0300

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On dim., 2011-08-14 at 18:46 -0700, Wade Curry wrote:
> > The defaults didn't detect the correct volume capabilities.  I have
> > a loopback alsa device (virtual sound card) that competes with the
> > thinkpad_ec for the index number.  The default left the alsa
> > interface disabled, but the tpacpi kernel docs said that was the
> > preferred interface...   So, yeah.  I started with defaults and
> > automatic detection, but these settings are an improvement.
>
> So I think you should report that (I think bugzilla.kernel.org is the
> right place).

It is.  I never lose track of something that went to bugzilla.k.o, even if
it may take a while for me to act on it.

That said, while the need to change "index" is uninteresting (that's why it
exists in the first place -- it has to be set in any specific setups and
there is no default that will work for everybody), the need to change the
other two volume_ parameters _is_, as they're related to how the driver
interfaces to the thinkpad firmware.

Yves-Alexis, please file a bug at bugzilla.kernel.org, and please include
all details of why you had to specify the volume_ parameters.  I will need
you to attach the output of "dmidecode" (remove UUIDs and serial numbers
first), and I'd appreciate if you also attach the output of "acpidump".

  Henrique Holschuh