[ltp] Intel video on T420

Takis Diakoumis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 8 Dec 2011 22:15:32 +1100

--90e6ba6e87ac70f39c04b392c95d

hi

i'm about to upgrade my T61 to a T420. i currently have nvidia graphics
which has been good and bad. i have been running debian wheezy and will do
so on the new one too.

i'm looking at the T420 with intel graphics. i have read that 3D support is
complete and working on various threads from this one, thinkwiki and some
others. some ambiguities remain however (the gentoo docs have been
especially helpful) and i just thought i'd ask one more time - so a simple
yes or no, is 3D support fine out-of-the-box for intel graphics?
...specifically gnome3 has grown on me and i am curious of any experiences
with gnome3 using intel video.

thanks in advance :)
Takis

--90e6ba6e87ac70f39c04b392c95d

y have nvidia graphics which has been good and bad. i have been running deb=
i&#39;m looking at the T420 with intel graphics. i have read that 3D suppor=
t is complete and working on various threads from this one, thinkwiki and s=
ome others. some ambiguities remain however (the gentoo docs have been espe=
cially helpful) and i just thought i&#39;d ask one more time - so a simple =
yes or no, is 3D support fine out-of-the-box for intel graphics? ...specifi=
cally gnome3 has grown on me and i am curious of any experiences with gnome=
3 using intel video.</div>

--90e6ba6e87ac70f39c04b392c95d--