[ltp] Re: Linux-Thinkpad digest, Vol 1 #3010 - 1 msg

Dan Saint-Andre linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 26 Dec 2011 11:55:21 -0600

--=-lmBg8w+/xg6vR0A818eB

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 14:13:39 +0100
> From: Alexander Karlstad <alexander@karlstad.be>
> To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
> Subject: Re: [ltp] E520 combo mic & headphone adapter
>
> Den 25. des. 2011 04:08, skrev James Knott:
> > The E520 has a combo mic & headphone jack, that requires a plug with an
> > extra terminal to support both devices. Does anyone know where one of
> > the might be available, preferably in Canada? Also, apparently, this
> > combo jack requires some software support. Does Linux work with it?
>
> I have it on my Thinkpad Edge 13". It works great with Ubuntu!
>
> If you have old school equipment you could always buy a splitter, like
> this one:
> http://www.amazon.com/Headset-Buddy-Smartphone-Computer-Blackberry/dp/B002SK66OY
>
> --
> Alexander Karlstad

I also have this jack on my X220t "convertible" tablet-PC.  It is the
connector used by mobile phone mic+headset "hands free" kits.  I have
several such kits and all seem to work thruough
the connector.  I'm running Mint-12 which is Ubuntu 11.10.

Cheers,
~~~ 0;-Dan

--=-lmBg8w+/xg6vR0A818eB

<HTML>