[ltp] how to automate xrandr with Port Replicator and second Monitor (W500)

Andre Wyrwa linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 01 Feb 2011 12:23:02 +1100

--=-fCqLRLQIfI0sLCzIq8X0

Hei,

i've got a W500, port replicator and a monitor attached to it.

Now i have a (silly?) habit of docking/undocking the box while it's
running. No probs, there. But...

When it's running standalone and i dock it, it fails to automatically
recognise the second monitor. Is there any way to trigger that? Even via
a little snipplet? And the same the other way around?

Likewise, when docked and i switch off the monitor, xrandr remains in
dual display mode. I'm not sure if monitors generally send a signal back
through the line when they are entering/leaving standby mode. Is that
the case? If so, how do i make X react on it?

(Distro is Gentoo, but i'm fairly comfy with my cross-distro
interpretation skills. ;-) )

Thanks,
Andre.

--=-fCqLRLQIfI0sLCzIq8X0