[ltp] MicroSD and Thinkpad T61

Sat, 5 Feb 2011 22:39:04 +0200

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 10:37:40AM -0800, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> I have a Thinkpad T61 with Fedora 14 x86_64. I am planning on buying an
> Atrix 4G Android phone as soon as they are available:
>=20
> http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=3D3099
>=20
> The phone takes a microSD card up to 32 GB. I know nothing of such
> devices, but I do know that my T61 has a slot in front that looks
> suspiciously like a microSD card would fit in it. I think the slot will
> take several different kinds of cards, but I can't find my user manual
> and I can't find a PDF of it on Lenovo's site, or a list of technical
> specifications for the T61.
>=20
> I am now going to ask Google to educate me on microSD cards, but in the
> meantime, does anyone know what kind of cards the T61 will take?

My T61 has a card reader that reads full-size SD cards.  To put a
microSD in, you'll need an adapter.  These are often sold together with
microSD cards.

This is a nice overview of all the different kinds of SD cards:
http://www.groovypost.com/howto/how-to/understand-sd-card-lingo-and-compati=
bility/

Personally, I think it's more convenient to connect an Android phone to
the laptop with a USB cable, instead of physically moving cards around.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
I assume by "b59757e468227127b91fff17b523da4deec8b04d" you meant
66fb253082ea42179180303393e48846208987fa.
            -- Aaron Plattner uses git

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf--