[ltp] MicroSD and Thinkpad T61

John Jason Jordan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 6 Feb 2011 17:24:52 -0800

On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 21:00:38 +0100
rappard@dds.nl dijo:

>On 5 February 2011 19:37, John Jason Jordan <johnxj@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>[snip]
>> The phone takes a microSD card up to 32 GB. I know nothing of such
>> devices, but I do know that my T61 has a slot in front that looks
>> suspiciously like a microSD card would fit in it. I think the slot
>> will take several different kinds of cards, but I can't find my user
>> manual and I can't find a PDF of it on Lenovo's site, or a list of
>> technical specifications for the T61.
>
>http://tinyurl.com/4clnr3e

That was very easy, but also useless. I downloaded the Hardware
Maintenance Manual years ago, and it was the first thing I checked,
before posting my query on this list. I searched it on every term I
could think of, but nowhere did I find a reference to what kind of
storage cards it will take. The Hardware Maintenance Manual is really
only for replacing stuff that breaks.

I'm thinking that the information ought to be in the User Manual, not
the Hardware Maintenance Manual, or perhaps in the sales literature.
But I can't find my paper User Manual and I can't find a PDF of it on
Lenovo's web site.

I don't own any microSD cards, nor do I know anyone I can borrow one
from. If I had one it would be really easy - just stick it in the slot
and see what happens.