[ltp] Coffee in X61

Hendrik-Jan Heins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 7 Feb 2011 11:10:35 +0100

Dear list,

Yesterday I made the stupid mistake of sneezing while holding a cup of
coffee over my laptop (IBM x61s)while sneezing (actually tI held a
saucer, the cup was on it...).
The result was quite predictable: I threw coffee all over and in my laptop.

I immediately switched it off, and put it up side down.
Took as much coffee out as I could, and in the end opened it up
completely for cleaning.

After this, indeed it was working again (phew).
But... the keyboard is now acting quirky. I think there is still water
between the plastic foil layers somewhere (I rinsed it under the tap
as there was so much coffee in there).
Does anyone know of a way to completely clean and dry the keyboard?

thank you.

Hendrik-Jan