[ltp] Coffee in X61

Pedro Ribeiro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 7 Feb 2011 11:44:19 +0000

--0016e65a0d5c9b1fe0049bafc0a7

On 7 February 2011 11:22, Hendrik-Jan Heins <hjheins@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Simon,
>
> thank you for this.
> As mentioned, I rinsed it under the tap, and I dried it with a blow
> dryer (de-ioniser switched on, don't worry).
> It has been drying like that for about 3 to 4 hours.
> But it is still acting up in such a way that I think there is water
> between the plastic sheets.
>
> The thing is that due to how it's made; the frame containing the keys
> is riveted to the back panel, I don't think I can get the sheets out
> to dry.
>
> So I am hoping someone here has had something similar and knows if
> there is a way to do this.
>
> best regards,
>
> Hendrik-Jan

Hi,

this has happened to me a couple of times with my T400.
I poured a lot of water over the place where the coke fell and drained it
afterwards. I also took out the keyboard and washed it with a very mild
soap.

Left it to dry for 24h or a bit more, and it was good as new.

Most electronics can be washed if they are turned off and left to dry
completely. I once disassembled a printer and washed in the dishwasher after
an ink cartridge blew up while moving it. After it dryed it was functioning
very well.

Regards,
Pedro

--0016e65a0d5c9b1fe0049bafc0a7

ins <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:hjheins@gmail.com">hjheins@gmai=
argin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); paddin=
g-left: 1ex;">
Hello Simon,<br>
thank you for this.<br>
As mentioned, I rinsed it under the tap, and I dried it with a blow<br>
dryer (de-ioniser switched on, don&#39;t worry).<br>
It has been drying like that for about 3 to 4 hours.<br>
But it is still acting up in such a way that I think there is water<br>
between the plastic sheets.<br>
The thing is that due to how it&#39;s made; the frame containing the keys<b=
r>
is riveted to the back panel, I don&#39;t think I can get the sheets out<br=

to dry.<br>
So I am hoping someone here has had something similar and knows if<br>
there is a way to do this.<br>
best regards,<br>
Hendrik-Jan<br>
with my T400. <br>I poured a lot of water over the place where the coke fel=
l and drained it afterwards. I also took out the keyboard and washed it wit=
h a very mild soap.<br>
st electronics can be washed if they are turned off and left to dry complet=
ely. I once disassembled a printer and washed in the dishwasher after an in=
k cartridge blew up while moving it. After it dryed it was functioning very=
 well.<br>

--0016e65a0d5c9b1fe0049bafc0a7--