[ltp] Z61m, ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility X1400, Debian Sid

Gijs Hillenius linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 08 Feb 2011 13:09:21 +0100

Hello list,

Debian Sid today is making life hard for my Xorg server.

I'm trying to weed through the bug reports and google results, I find
hints to boot with for instance

nomodeset or
radeon.agpmode=1 or
radeon.agpmode=-1

and check the settings in /etc/modprobe/radeon-kms.conf

(currently KMS is enabled. If I disable it, X won't start).

However I'm not entirely sure what any of these 'tweaks' do. Currently,
X starts but every now and then it will start to become unusable
(scrolling so fast, it will make me pass out if I look at it too long).

Gijs