[ltp] Bootsplash R51 Ubuntu ‏

Steven J. Owens linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 9 Feb 2011 12:33:24 -0500

On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 05:09:46PM +0200, Marius Gedminas wrote:

> > > Yes: remove 'splash' from the defopts comment, then run sudo update-grub.
> >
> > Thanks for the hint but when I remove "splash" the bootsplash
> > disappears completely. What I'd like to have is a normal colored
> > bootsplash.
>
> I misunderstood.
>
> Actually, I've no idea what "over-coloured" versus "normal colored"
> bootsplashes are.

     I'm not sure this'll answer your question either, but in case
it's helpful:

     I like seeing all of the gory details on startup/shutdown, so I
made this change in my /etc/default/grub:

# The standard setting, hides the boot/shutdown messages
# GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
#
# My setting, I want to see it all.
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=""
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""