[ltp] PowerButton 1s+ for event

Sat, 12 Feb 2011 02:04:59 -0200

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011, Karsten König wrote:
> to get the acpi powerbutton event one needs to press the button for more then
> a second, is this a thinkpad-acpi limit or a limit by the embedded controller?

It is standard to have to hold that button for a while, usually 3s, before
it will signal anything to the operating system.

Some BIOSes let you choose between delayed or instant-off, and what kind of
signal (shutdown or "sleep") the button should issue.

> If it is the former could this maybe be adjusted? I thought it was an acpi
> problem that I got no shutdown when pressing it.

Look in the BIOS.  I don't recall if the thinkpad lets you change it.

And this is standard, generic ACPI functionality, controled by the acpi
"button" driver.

  Henrique Holschuh