[ltp] MicroSD and Thinkpad T61

John Jason Jordan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 25 Feb 2011 16:31:13 -0800

On Sat, 5 Feb 2011 22:39:04 +0200
Marius Gedminas <marius@gedmin.as> dijo:

>On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 10:37:40AM -0800, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>> I have a Thinkpad T61 with Fedora 14 x86_64. I am planning on buying
>> an Atrix 4G Android phone as soon as they are available:
>>
>> http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=3099
>>
>> The phone takes a microSD card up to 32 GB. I know nothing of such
>> devices, but I do know that my T61 has a slot in front that looks
>> suspiciously like a microSD card would fit in it. I think the slot
>> will take several different kinds of cards, but I can't find my user
>> manual and I can't find a PDF of it on Lenovo's site, or a list of
>> technical specifications for the T61.

>My T61 has a card reader that reads full-size SD cards.  To put a
>microSD in, you'll need an adapter.  These are often sold together with
>microSD cards.

Well, I bought a 32 GB SDHC card, thinking it would fit the phone:

http://tinyurl.com/4qrhuza

Silly me, of course it does not.

However, before returning it I decided it might be cool to use it in my
T61. It appears to fit the slot in front, and when I push it in a green
light next to the slot comes on and blinks a couple of times. However,
Fedora 14 x86_64 (Gnome) does not see it.

Any suggestions?