[ltp] Any of these Linux 2.6.37 messages I should worry about?

Sun, 27 Feb 2011 21:14:34 -0300

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:
> Notice: NX (Execute Disable) protection missing in CPU or disabled in BIOS!

You might want to check whether your CPU implements NX functionality or not
in the first place.  Locate your CPU in http://ark.intel.com...

> ACPI Warning: 32/64X length mismatch in Gpe1Block: 0/32 (20101013/tbfadt-526)
> ACPI Warning: Optional field Gpe1Block has zero address or length: 0x000000000000102C/0x0 (20101013/tbfadt-557)

As long as everything ACPI is working, ignore it.  It is not like you'll get
a R50e BIOS update to fix that.

> ns_cgroup deprecated: consider using the 'clone_children' flag without the ns_cgroup.

Kernel is too new for something in the userspace.

> thinkpad_acpi: brightness: will use unverified default: brightness_mode=3
> thinkpad_acpi: brightness: please report to ibm-acpi-devel@lists.sourceforge.net whether it works well or not on your ThinkPad

Could you please check whether the brightness control through thinkpad-acpi
works and report it back?  If you need help with the testing, please reply
in private mail.

> [drm:intel_panel_get_max_backlight] *ERROR* fixme: max PWM is zero.

IBM thinkpads control the brightness through the EC.  It *would* make sense
for the max backlight PWM to be zero in the GPU, you don't want to waste
power with a PWM line that is not connected to anything...

  Henrique Holschuh