[ltp] Upgrading from IBM to Lenovo?

Jan Girlich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 08 Jan 2011 17:46:51 +0100

Am 08.01.2011 17:36, schrieb Hendrik-Jan Heins:
> The battery was crap: The stock one already crapped out on me after
> barely a year of use.

I have a X61, too, and the battery broke down quite quickly, too. But I
got a free replacement when I complained and they gave me an excuse
about quality issues with that line of batteries. It was back about two
years when all major battery manufacturers had quality issues.

This is a point I want to add to the discussion: You don't only buy
hardware, but also a support by a company. And so far the support from
Lenovo has always been quick, generous and competent. (I had battery
issues and bluetooth problems)

Cheers
Jan