[ltp] Upgrading from IBM to Lenovo?

Dmitriy Ugnichenko linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 9 Jan 2011 16:27:28 +0200

--0015174be6eab1368f04996aa688

Oh, sorry. Maybe the wrong word. Sometimes people take hardware very
closely. So anyway, just give a try to Intel, it's OK, AFAIK.

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote:

> * On 2011 09 Jan 06:42 -0600, Dmitriy Ugnichenko wrote:
> > BTW, I cant understand,, why you *hate* Intel wifi. On my father's laptop
> > (it's Dell) there is Intel Wifi. It works perfectly under Linux and
> Windows.
> > Now I'm at Lenovo G560, that has some Broadcom BCM4727.  And it's not as
> > good, as Intel (sometimes just hangs up).
>
> Where did I say that I "*hate*" Intel Wifi?  I wrote nothing of the
> sort, but I did note that I don't know about the stability of Intel Wifi
> in Thinkpads as I don't have one of those cards.  My intent was to
> assure that there are no stability or other issues with Atheros Wifi on
> Thinkpads in my experience.  Simply noting that I'm unfamiliar with Intel
> Wifi does not infer "hatred" toward it (hate is a very powerful thing to me
> and I reserve "hate" for very very few things--computer hardware is not on
> the list).  Please choose your terms more carefully.
>
> - Nate >>
>
> --
>
> "The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all
> possible worlds.  The pessimist fears this is true."
>
> Ham radio, Linux, bikes, and more: http://n0nb.us/index.html
> --

with best regards,
Dmitriy.

--0015174be6eab1368f04996aa688

Oh, sorry. Maybe the wrong word. Sometimes people take hardware very closel=
y. So anyway, just give a try to Intel, it&#39;s OK, AFAIK.<br><br><div cla=
ss=3D"gmail_quote">On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Nate Bargmann <span dir=
=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:n0nb@n0nb.us">n0nb@n0nb.us</a>&gt;</span> wr=
ote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;"><div class=3D"im">* On 2011 09 Jan 06:42 -0=
600, Dmitriy Ugnichenko wrote:<br>
&gt; BTW, I cant understand,, why you *hate* Intel wifi. On my father&#39;s=
 laptop<br>
&gt; (it&#39;s Dell) there is Intel Wifi. It works perfectly under Linux an=
d Windows.<br>
&gt; Now I&#39;m at Lenovo G560, that has some Broadcom BCM4727. =C2=A0And =
it&#39;s not as<br>
&gt; good, as Intel (sometimes just hangs up).<br>
othing of the<br>
sort, but I did note that I don&#39;t know about the stability of Intel Wif=
i<br>
in Thinkpads as I don&#39;t have one of those cards. =C2=A0My intent was to=
assure that there are no stability or other issues with Atheros Wifi on<br>
Thinkpads in my experience. =C2=A0Simply noting that I&#39;m unfamiliar wit=
h Intel<br>
Wifi does not infer &quot;hatred&quot; toward it (hate is a very powerful t=
hing to me<br>
and I reserve &quot;hate&quot; for very very few things--computer hardware =
is not on<br>
the list). =C2=A0Please choose your terms more carefully.<br>
- Nate &gt;&gt;<br>
--<br>
&quot;The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all<br>
possible worlds. =C2=A0The pessimist fears this is true.&quot;<br>
Ham radio, Linux, bikes, and more: <a href=3D"http://n0nb.us/index.html" ta=
rget=3D"_blank">http://n0nb.us/index.html</a><br>
--<br>
The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:<br>