[ltp] SSD optimisation

Csillag Tamas linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Jan 2011 22:22:21 +0100

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 10:03:28PM +0100, Leon Brokken wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> am awaiting the arrival of a T410s with 160GB Intel SSD. Is it
> worthwhile to take measures that prevent excessive writes (e.g. mount
> with noatime), or is this not relevant any longer in the later SSD
> devices?

Maybe it is worth to use relatime as it is the default on recent
installs. In general no extra steps are necessary.

Regards,
  cstamas
--
CSILLAG Tamas (cstamas) - http://digitus.itk.ppke.hu/~cstamas

Like most computer techie people, I'll happily spend 6 hours trying to figure
out how to do a 3 hour job in 10 minutes.            -- Rev. James Cort, asr