[ltp] Official test whether overheating is a warrany case?

Joachim Breitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Jan 2011 15:05:41 +0530

--=-KCSjfhEk7qLAnKKHnt21

Hi,

since a while, my T400 notebook tends to shut down automatically due to
hot CPU at some workloads that used to work without issues previously =E2=
=80=93
and that although only one of the two cores is used in that workload.
I=E2=80=99m now wondering if this is a warranty case, but I guess they will=
 not
be convinced by =E2=80=9EI=E2=80=99m running Linux, but that is not the cau=
se, so please
fix it.=E2=80=9C

Is there some kind of official check tool that maybe even boots from
USB, like those disk-checking tools that are often provided, and checks
whether the system takes the load it should be able to take without
overheating?

Thanks,
Joachim

--=20