[ltp] Re: Official test whether overheating is a warrany case?

Joachim Breitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Jan 2011 21:01:20 +0530

--=-UEMMl+iVZkvu625xN+tP

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 13.01.2011, 10:28 -0500 schrieb Robert Tomsick:
> My bet is that Lenovo's depot service will want to replace the planar
> and heatsink/fan assembly, even though that's probably not really
> necessary.

being lazy (and having payed for the warranty) that sounds good enough.
But if I call them and tell them that it occational shuts down, will
they not want proof of some kind? Or do they tend to belief their
clients? :-)

I guess I could see if I can reproduce it reliable, using CPU burn or
something like that.

Greetings,
Joachim

--=20