[ltp] 10.10 Running Perfectly Well

Simon Royal linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Jan 2011 22:22:30 +0000

Hi

Success! I am now running Ubuntu 10.10 and it is fine with no power
issues. It will boot off battery fine and I can also remove the power
adapter while it is running. Brilliant.

I did a fresh install - no power issues.
I ran update manager, all updates installed - no power issues.

It must have been an upgrade issue before (from 9.10 to 10.04 to
10.10). Glad I set up a separate partition to save all my files on, it
has made this trial and error a lot easier.

Simon

--=20
--- Twitter:=A0http://twitter.com/SimonRoyal=A0- LowEndMac:
http://tinyurl.com/macspectrum=A0- Skype: Simon-Royal.
--- IBM ThinkPad R31 running Ubuntu 10.10 & Windows XP Home. Apple
PowerBook G3 'Pismo' running OSX 10.4. Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini
Pro running 2.1