[ltp] Broken USB Port R31

Jason Brooks linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 18 Jan 2011 11:32:36 -0800

I have never had problems using it in electronics for more than 15
years... Electrical tape is worthless... Use silicone. Unless you want
to tear down the computer ane resoilder a new port on the board.
Acetic acid is vinegar. Flux that is used on the electronic boards in
the laptop are more harmful than vinegar. It is Acid also.
(hydrochloric acid, zinc chloride or ammonium chloride) No worries
with silicone.