[ltp] Largest HD on TP43

Shingo tamaru linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Jan 2011 12:16:02 -0500

Just for your information.
There are a few reports of successful modification
of T43 to install a SATA HDD.

These are from China.
http://club.isso.com.cn/Default.aspx?class=Topic&Topic=19251920&Pink=False
http://www.nb.com.cn/bbs/redirect.php?tid=12034&goto=lastpost&sid=WkR79e

This is from Japan.
http://17inch.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2009-10-17

I personally don't own a T43 so cannot explain how to
do this mod in English. If you can somehow read these
pages, think about giving it a try.

Once your T43 is modified to take a SATA HDD, you will
have much larger storage capacity than PATA.