[ltp] Re: WARNING: Lenovo ThinkPads and 65W power supplies

Micha linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 20 Jan 2011 23:46:18 +0200

On 20/01/11 16:40, Robert Tomsick wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 15:01 +0100, Axel Braun wrote:
>> Florian Manschwetus wrote:
>>
>>> Are there Infos or experiences about using T60 90W supplies with W510
>>> (normally 135W supply)?
>>
>> Who says that the T510 has a 135W power supply? Just got a new T510, it came
>> with a 65W power supply.
>
> I believe the OP was referring to the _W_510, which (AFAIK) does come
> with a 135W supply.

AFAIK the w510 with the core i7 + the nvidia 435m comes with the 135w. With the
core i5 option in comes with a lower power power supply (don't recall if it's
the 90w or 65w). The spec and country changes the power supply you get with the
machines. I do know that they w500 I think came with the 90w power supply but
could draw more and would throttle under load, which is why they started
supplying the higher spec machines with the bigger power supply