[ltp] Product recovery disc for T43

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 04 Jul 2011 12:09:11 -0500

forums.thinkpads.com site.

Chris

On 07/04/2011 12:02 PM, Timothy-Allen Albertson wrote:
> there has got to be someone with a copy of 98 or 2000 or ME out
> there   MS doesnt support them anymore and you can get the necessary
> license number by googling for  it
>

> On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 11:57, James Knott <james.knott@rogers.com
> <mailto:james.knott@rogers.com>> wrote:
>
>     Timothy-Allen Albertson wrote:
>
>         doesnt SUSE have an windows emulator like WINE
>

>     I've already tried Wine and the Windows app I need doesn't like
>     it.  It's "Adobe Digital Editions" for downloading ebooks from the
>     local library.  I currently run it on my R31, but I plan to use
>     this T43 to replace the R31, as the R31 won't run openSUSE 11.4.
>      That R31 is the only computer I have with Windows on it.  I'd
>     hate to have to waste my money on buying a retail copy of Windows
>     for this computer.  If I did that, I may as well buy a new
>     computer.  I got the T43 for free.  :-)
>

>     --

--------------010204020405090709010508

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    That would be against license terms, and since he has a valid
    license for XP, an XP recovery disc would be the right thing to get.
    Pretty easy too, but not from this list.<br>
    I'd suggest either the ThinkPad mailing list, or the
    forums.thinkpads.com site.<br>
    Chris<br>