[ltp] Impressive battery life on an X301

Piotr Szotkowski linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 25 Jul 2011 15:51:43 +0200

--qlTNgmc+xy1dBmNv

Timothy Murphy:

> On Saturday 23 July 2011 01:51:27 Joao SANSAO wrote:

>> The only caution I take is to use the charging
>> thresholds (30% / 70%), to avoid frequent charges.

> How exactly do you set this up, as a matter of interest?

I have the below in /etc/rc.local (so that whenever I tweak the
values because I want to, say, charge up to 100% before a flight,
they will be back to normal on the next restart at the latest):

modprobe tp_smapi
echo 30 > /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/start_charge_thresh
echo 80 > /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/stop_charge_thresh

=E2=80=94 Piotr Szotkowski
--=20
We don=E2=80=99t think of ourselves as being perfectionists, really. To us
it=E2=80=99s more about desperately trying to have it sound more or less OK.
                                                      [Donald Fagen]

--qlTNgmc+xy1dBmNv

--qlTNgmc+xy1dBmNv--