[ltp] still 75 minutes of capacity left in five year old battery!

Tue, 26 Jul 2011 21:21:53 +0800

Gentlemen, lately you have been talking about batteries.
My five year old battery still has 75 minutes of capacity in it before
the beeping. I know because I forgot to plug in my computer today.

OK, I plugged it back in a few minutes ago
$ find /sys/devices/|grep power_supply/BAT0/uevent|xargs cat
POWER_SUPPLY_NAME=BAT0
POWER_SUPPLY_STATUS=Charging
POWER_SUPPLY_PRESENT=1
POWER_SUPPLY_TECHNOLOGY=Li-ion
POWER_SUPPLY_CYCLE_COUNT=0
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_MIN_DESIGN=10800000
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_NOW=12192000
POWER_SUPPLY_POWER_NOW=30748000
POWER_SUPPLY_ENERGY_FULL_DESIGN=47510000
POWER_SUPPLY_ENERGY_FULL=31050000
POWER_SUPPLY_ENERGY_NOW=14660000
POWER_SUPPLY_MODEL_NAME=IBM-92P1066
POWER_SUPPLY_MANUFACTURER=Panasonic
POWER_SUPPLY_SERIAL_NUMBER=  894
# lshw
    product: 1834NV1
    vendor: IBM
    version: ThinkPad R50e
     *-firmware
          version: 1WET90WW (2.10 )
          date: 12/08/2006

I'm grateful for the 75 minutes. I feared there would be less.