[ltp] T410s and projector

Wed, 27 Jul 2011 14:05:19 +0300

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 04:37:43PM +0200, Leon Brokken wrote:
> when I connect a projector/beamer to my T410s (via VGA) I can at
> best get a 'vibrating' screen. Difficult to explain - it's readable
> but annoying to the eye.

I think I know what you mean.  Happened to me once, can't remember if it
was on my old T42 or my somewhat less old T61.  The picture was there,
but slightly wavy.

IIRC the problem was fixed when I rebooted it while the VGA cable was
plugged in.  Apparently the BIOS would set up the video card properly or
something.  It was a long time ago, before KMS etc., and I've been using
VGA out on my T61 for years now without seeing this particular problem
again.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Hoffstadter's Law states: "It always takes longer than you think, even when=
 you
consider Hoffstadter's Law."

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK--