[ltp] T61 dies with a blinking A while going to sleep

Wolfgang Karall linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Jul 2011 17:38:19 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 03:48:02PM +0200, Andreas Siegert wrote:
> Everything was fine and dandy until some time last week it started to
> refuse to go to sleep.
[..]
> I did not install anything new at system level, but of course applied all
> updates that came in via Canonical, But I do not remember anything that
> would make me think of having an impact on suspend to ram....

Do you happen to use Virtualbox and upgraded to the Oracle-supplied
virtualbox-4.1 packages? Because (or rather, the Virtualbox-related
kernel modules) seem to mess with S3 on my x61s (running Debian sid). I
didn't have time to investigate, but going back to virtualbox-4.0 fixed
the S3 issue.

Cheers
Wolfgang