[ltp] T61 dies with a blinking A while going to sleep

Wed, 27 Jul 2011 19:53:06 +0300

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 03:48:02PM +0200, Andreas Siegert wrote:
> Hi,
> using a T61 with Xubuntu 11.4 and a PAE kernel.
>=20
> Everything was fine and dandy until some time last week it started to
> refuse to go to sleep.
> It goes through the whole procedure and just before turning off it starts
> to blink the "A" LED in addition to the moon LED.

Blinking capslock LED indicates a kernel panic.

> The only thing it will react from then on is a long press of the power bu=
tton.

It's possible that Alt+SysRq+S,U,B might work too, but maybe not.

> I did not install anything new at system level, but of course applied all
> updates that came in via Canonical, But I do not remember anything that
> would make me think of having an impact on suspend to ram....

There could've been a kernel update that broke suspend for your machine.
Try booting into an older kernel from the GRUB boot menu, see if that
helps.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
If you are wondering what the hell I am doing subtracting particles from ea=
ch
other, well, that's quantum mechanics.
	-- The Usenet Physics FAQ

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT