[ltp] Debian Testing locks up on T60

Nate Bargmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 29 Jul 2011 17:53:56 -0500

* On 2011 30 Jun 08:25 -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> Has anyone else noticed this?  I am running Debian Testing (Wheezy) on
> my T60.  I have noticed crashes that seem to be related to the Radeon
> driver since kernel 2.6.38 and still in 2.6.39, but 2.6.32 works without
> issue.

The crashes had settled down in recent versions of Debian's
linux-image-2.6.39-2-686-pae until today when that package was updated
to version 2.6.39-3.  It has crashed twice since.  Upon a crash it is
again dropping to a console with register output showing.  I snapped a
pic in case that helps anyone.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa106/N0NB/odd%20stuff/T60-crash.jpg

The second crash occured less than an hour after the first.  I have
since rebooted into a 2.6.32 kernel and am waiting to see if any crashes
occur with it.  It has been solid in the past.

- Nate