[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release 0.24-20110604 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

Sat, 4 Jun 2011 18:18:03 -0300

I have released version 0.24-20110604 of thinkpad-acpi through the
sourceforge.net release system.

Patches are available for 2.6.32, 2.6.35, 2.6.38 and 2.6.39, at:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ibm-acpi/files/thinkpad-acpi/0.24-20110604/

Support for 2.6.33-longterm and 2.6.34-longterm kernels will only be
provided if there are enough requests or someone provides a very convincing
reason.

Support for all other kernels is discontinued, but if you'd like to adopt
the backport for one of those kernels yourself, I will help you with that.

2.6.27 might still get *minor* updates, but only if someone asks me directly
for it and it is something easy to backport.

git users can get it directly from tags or the release/* branches at:
git://repo.or.cz/linux-2.6/linux-acpi-2.6/ibm-acpi-2.6.git

Alternatively, you can also get thinkpad-acpi releases from the sf.net
secondary (backup) repository, which only contains the release/* branches
and tags:
git://ibm-acpi.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/ibm-acpi/ibm-acpi

Users with recent Lenovo thinkpads will have a less annoying thinkpad-acpi
experience with this new version.

Note that the 2.6.32, 2.6.35 and 2.6.38 branches have a lot more changes
(backported from mainline/3.0-rc1) than just the two commits listed below.

PS: Yes, this means I got over my burnout, so releases will start happening
again.

Release notes:

This is an important bug fix release (to support newer thinkpads).

This release syncs the backport releases to kernel 3.0-rc1 as of
2011-04-06.

This release allows the driver to autoload (and work) in the recent Lenovo
thinkpads, up to the ?520 family.  However, the driver will operate in
reduced functionality mode in the latest thinkpads, as the EC will be
considered "unknown".

One very handy feature for Lenovo ThinkPads since the T400 is that the
driver will no more complain about some "unknown" HKEY events: 0x6000,
0x6005, 0x4010 and 0x4011.

ChangeLog (patches still not in mainline):

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh:
      thinkpad-acpi: handle some new HKEY 0x60xx events
      thinkpad-acpi: handle HKEY 0x4010, 0x4011 events

For the complete changelog for each backport branch, please check the
git trees.

  Henrique Holschuh