[ltp] Lockups with T520

Ole Langbehn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Jun 2011 08:25:22 +0200

--------------enig1D4FF4D051CFEDB4A93338FA

Hi,

just had a lockup with bios 1.25, so that does not help.

On 13.06.2011 06:12, Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:
> I did find a post that claimed a fix will be in Mesa 7.11, which does n=
ot yet
> have an official release date. =20

No, it's not released yet. It's expected in June or July.

> I'll try and find the URL.  If 7.11 shows up
> in Debian Unstable, let us know the results.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=3Darticle&item=3Dintel_2639_borks&n=
um=3D1

Yeah, I found that as well. I am now trying if the kernel parameter
i915.semaphores=3D1 will fix the lockups, but I will also try to get a
hold of mesa 7.11.

JFYI: My symptoms are not exactly the same as mentioned in that post
(don't have the dmesg hangcheck flood), so I'm still not sure if this is
the real cause. Will keep you guys updated.

Regards,

Ole