[ltp] X201s vs X201 vs X220

Thu, 16 Jun 2011 13:37:47 +0100

On 16/06/11 11:14, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> Hello
>
> I may  have to replace my old X60s.
> (It seems that the mother board broke down, the machine does
> not reboot shows strange error messages and  asks for the BIOS passwd)

You might check what happens if you reset everything hard - mains off,
battery out, CMOS battery out, wait an hour, and then (apparently this
helps), repeatedly press and hold the power switch a few times.

Otherwise, do consider replacing the motherboard - you can usually find
"spares or repairs" cheaply on eBay, and the IBMs are very easy to
dissasemble,

Richard