[ltp] Ubuntu on an X220

Wed, 15 Jun 2011 22:41:52 +0100

On 15/06/11 22:30, Yves Dorfsman wrote:

>>> My frustrations:
>>> -the touchpad extend to the edge, rounding around the machine, so that
>>> if you move your hand more in the middle of the keyboard (if you use the
>>> pointer and need to click a lot), then the only way to avoid the
>>> touchpad is to hover over it. You can no longer rest your hand on the
>>> machine itself, like I was able to on my T60.
>>
>> On my machine, Fn + F8 disables it, and it persists across reboots.
>
> Oh gosh! THANK YOU.
>
> Now if I could find a way to make the trackpoint go faster... I tried to
> change the speed in gnome, but it has no effect.

Try this:

#Set trackpoint sensitivity to highest.
if [ -f /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/serio2/sensitivity ];then
         echo "Making trackpoint more sensitive..."
         sudo sh -c "echo -n 255 >
/sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/serio2/sensitivity"   #Makes it a
very light touch. Default: 128
         sudo sh -c "echo -n 255 >
/sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/serio2/speed"         #Not much effect.
         sudo sh -c "echo -n 3 >
/sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/serio2/inertia"         #Negative
inertia. Default: 6
else
         echo "Cannot adjust trackpoint;
/sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/serio2/sensitivity not found"
fi

(Note that the values of serioX/serioY are system-dependent).