[ltp] Thinkpad T61, Ubuntu, cpu scaling

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 11:07:31 -0300

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011, Richard Neill wrote:
> On 18/06/11 12:50, Paul Seelig wrote:
> >Some food for thought for the battery preservation community:
>
> As I understand it, a LiPo battery that is not abused(*) is good for
> about 500 cycles, or 2 years, whichever comes first. So keeping the
> battery unused won't really help much with its lifespan.

For Li-ION battery, that 2 years is at ~25°C.  My 5-year old "backup" 9-cell
is still at ~90% of its design capacity, it lives 90% of the time in the
refrigerator.

You can double "shelf" lifetime of a _Li-ion_ battery if you store it
half-charged at 10-15°C.

I am not sure it carries over to LiPol.

  Henrique Holschuh