[ltp] X201s vs X201 vs X220

Christos Papadopoulos linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 19 Jun 2011 07:49:26 -0600

On 06/19/2011 07:14 AM, Yves Dorfsman wrote:
> On 11-06-16 08:03 AM, Christos Papadopoulos wrote:
>> I have an X220 and have installed Fedora 15 on it using an Intel SSD.
>> The installation went smoothly and so far the following work out of the
>> box: suspend/resume, wireless, camera, audio, video. I am just beginning
>> to use it so I have not done full testing yet, but it looks very
>> promising. Linux reports 5+ hours of battery time with a full 6-cell
>> battery.
>
> When you talk about gpu and wireless adapter working fine, you should
> specify which ones they are. I don't know about the x220, but in the
> past, some thinkpads would work great with linux with the Intel
> adapters, but not so well with some other brands.

You are absolutely right. Here it is:

Wireless: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 (2x2 AGN)
Display: 12.5" Premium HD (1366x768) LED Backlit Display, Mobile
Broadband Ready, 2x2 Antenna
The GPU is Intel (i915 module)

The laptop type is 4286.

Other notes:
- I installed the 64-bit version of F15.
- I use gpointing-device-setting to disable the trackpad, but the
settings do not persist across reboots. Even though
gpointing-device-setting says the trackpad is disabled, I have to enable
and then disable it again to take effect.

Let me know if I can provide more information.

Christos.