[ltp] T43: closing stops the machine under ubuntu

Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:18:42 -0300

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011, Helmut Hullen wrote:
>         echo LID > /proc/acpi/wakeup
>
> changes the contents to "disabled" but seems to change nothing else.

All that would do is actually make sure opening the lid won't wake the box
up again, *if* it works at all, which I am not that sure.  Something clearly
seems broken if it did not wake up automatically when you opened the lid
(before you touched /proc/acpi/wakeup) -- that'd likely be a kernel bug,
BTW.

> What can I do, what should I do?

Get Ubuntu userspace to stop putting the box to sleep when it detects a lid
close.  I can't help you much there, but others might know what to
reconfigure.  It is certainly doable.  Might need to be reconfigured in the
desktop environment if you have one running, as well.

Just to be sure, go into the BIOS and have it all set for maximum
performance, and to NOT sleep when you close the LID (if you have any such
options).  Otherwise, it might actually send a "sleep button press" instead
of a lid close ACPI event.

  Henrique Holschuh