[ltp] T43: closing stops the machine under ubuntu

Helmut Hullen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
21 Jun 2011 13:26:00 +0200

Hallo, Henrique,

Du meintest am 20.06.11 zum Thema Re: [ltp] T43: closing stops the machine under ubuntu:

> Just to be sure, go into the BIOS and have it all set for maximum
> performance, and to NOT sleep when you close the LID (if you have any
> such options).

No such option.

> Otherwise, it might actually send a "sleep button
> press" instead of a lid close ACPI event.

I've just tried SuSE 11.3. No "lid" ACPI event, but a similar behaviour:
closing the lid makes the machine unaccessible from another machine in
the LAN.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut