[ltp] T43: closing stops the machine under ubuntu

Helmut Hullen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
22 Jun 2011 22:08:00 +0200

Hallo, Henrique,

Du meintest am 20.06.11:

>>         echo LID > /proc/acpi/wakeup
>>
>> changes the contents to "disabled" but seems to change nothing else.

> All that would do is actually make sure opening the lid won't wake
> the box up again, *if* it works at all, which I am not that sure.

Last testing results with Ubuntu 11.04:

Energy option "when closing the lid" is set to "darken the screen" (I've
tried to translate the german messages).

And when I close the lid (I've simulated it with a toothpick - unused)
then the screen is immediately switched off: that's the behaviour I
want.

The machine doesn't stop the hard disk, and it doesn't switch off the
NIC; that's also the wanted reaction.

Looks like the thinkpad module works well, only the inplemention in some
distributions and distribution versions may make problems.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut