[ltp] T420s HD life and Load Cycle counter

Tue, 28 Jun 2011 09:57:48 -0300

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011, Alessandro Crismani wrote:
> Il giorno lun, 27/06/2011 alle 20.04 -0400, James Macpherson ha scritto:
> > I'm on a 1 month old x220.
> >
> > 193 Load_Cycle_Count        0x0012   099   099   000    Old_age
> > Always       -       18256
> >
> > That's with 345 power on hours.
> >

> Which is quite lower than mine. I'm using hdparm to disable power
> management of my hard drive now, wondering if before it was too
> aggressive.
>
> Could this also be related to tp_smapi parking my heads too often, even
> though I've been using it for less than one omnth?

tp_smapi doesn't park heads.  And even if you have hdapsd running, it would
log messages to syslog when it park heads, so check for that.

Extremely aggressive APM levels being set on the HDD are to blame, I bet.

  Henrique Holschuh