[ltp] Re: T61 wakes up in the backpack

Jason Brooks linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 4 Mar 2011 11:19:29 -0800

Anything under 1300 is low end.  I know it sounds harsh but there is a
difference in build quality. Obviously there maybe some exceptions to
the rule. The fact is there is hardly any metal framework in laptops
under that figure. This is good for weight and cost but plastic isn't
all that ridged. It twists... the more it heats up the more it will
twist. If you have a chance at a Best buy or the like. Pickup a Beats
laptop. Then pick up a Probook. Now pickup a DV model.. You will
Notice the difference. (I used HP because it should be the only thing
there with all 3 grades of laptops. Lenovo isn't a usual full product
line for most stores.)

--
JaY