[ltp] Edge 15

Sandro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 22 Mar 2011 16:34:25 +0100

--0016364ee0b4d51edf049f13fbab

I just got my new  Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 15 NVLGPMH (with Intel Core i3 370M)
running Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS and suspend works fine*. But when waking from
hibernate, system freezes when the display comes up.

In BIOS, one can disable ACPI, but this also affects your eSata port (not
hotpluggable anymore) and now waking up takes much longer than any other
laptop. When the mouse cursor finally appears, it takes another ~20 seconds
before the unlock screen can appear.

*) Wake from suspend works but is also slower compared to my other (older)
laptops.

The second biggest issue is the screen flashes. When booting the Edge 15,
the screen comes on and goes off again for about ~6 times before the load
screen appears.
Does everyone else have that?

On my collegue's Thinkpad SL500. the screen just comes on once.

PS - During boot I sometimes see the text: "Not yet supported Thinkpad
detected!"

~Sander

--0016364ee0b4d51edf049f13fbab

i3 370M) running Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS and suspend works fine*. But when wakin=

port (not hotpluggable anymore) and now waking up takes much longer than an=
y other laptop. When the mouse cursor finally appears, it takes another ~20=
 seconds before the unlock screen can appear.</div>

sue is the screen flashes. When booting the Edge 15, the screen comes on an=
d goes off again for about ~6 times before the load screen appears.</div>

iv>PS - During boot I sometimes see the text: &quot;Not yet supported Think=
pad detected!&quot;</div>

--0016364ee0b4d51edf049f13fbab--