[ltp] New ThinkPad series

Kristian Tizzard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 29 Mar 2011 17:02:24 +0100

--0050450155c29ea234049fa12fab

Hi.

I have an AMD Edge 13, which is well supported in kernels 2.6.35 and later,
with the exception of the rtl8192se wireless driver, which is still in
staging and is likely to only go stable in 2.6.40-this driver does causes x
crashes fairly metronomically.  Another caveat is that the radeon 3200
card-3d works ok on the free xorg driver (provided you compile in the binary
firmware that is) but to get the most out of it you'll need the fglrx, which
works well but is obviously closed source. If I had my time again I'd spend
a bit more on intel chipset.

--0050450155c29ea234049fa12fab

Hi.<br><br>I have an AMD Edge 13, which is well supported in kernels 2.6.35=
 and later, with the exception of the rtl8192se wireless driver, which is s=
till in staging and is likely to only go stable in 2.6.40-this driver does =
causes x crashes fairly metronomically.=A0 Another caveat is that the radeo=
n 3200 card-3d works ok on the free xorg driver (provided you compile in th=
e binary firmware that is) but to get the most out of it you&#39;ll need th=
e fglrx, which works well but is obviously closed source. If I had my time =
again I&#39;d spend a bit more on intel chipset.<br>

--0050450155c29ea234049fa12fab--