[ltp] T60p hardware hacking (screen upgrade success; CPU query)

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 10 May 2011 09:14:09 +1200

On 10/05/11 06:55, Richard Neill wrote:
> My T60p's excellent 1600x1200 15" LCD has finally died (the backlight
> goes out after a few minutes)
P.S. Does anyone have a recommendation for what to do with the old panel?

I believe that would be an IFS panel.  It's worth replacing the
backlight (and I'm hoping you checked that a failing inverter board
wasn't the problem first).

That screen is valuable and if the only thing wrong is the backlight
went out, I would sell it.

If you decide to dispose if it, I'll pay the packaging & post to send it
to me in New Zealand, and replace the CFL tube myself.

Cheers,
Bret