[ltp] ThinkPad T520: uefi/gpt debian install

Martin Steigerwald linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 13 May 2011 19:25:11 +0200

--nextPart6378079.WVGHdri56K

Am Freitag, 13. Mai 2011 schrieb Henrique de Moraes Holschuh:
> On Fri, 13 May 2011, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > I intend to use BTRFS. I hope that it will align automatically, but I
> > am
>=20
> The GPT tools are braindead, and will not align anything properly.

=46rom what I read in the ArchWiki I thought that gdisk aligns to 2 MiB. Bu=
t=20
actually I wonder whats so special about this, since parted aligns to 1=20
MiB and fdisk -c does as well unless it finds another optimal io size.

> BTRFS is not a good choice ATM either, AFAIK.

Why?

=2D-=20