[ltp] Re: [T410s] Fan running constantly

Thomas Hartwig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 18 May 2011 10:20:19 +0200

Hi Daniel,

I am sorry to say but from my long Thinkpad experience I know this is a
problem which persisted all the time in the history of all models. I
have investigated much time in alternative throttling, core disabling
and fan speed adjustments but in the end I have given up. Lenovo does
not put much effort in a design which might have a fanless running
available, at least for all the mid-pro models.
Even if you achieve some better results with (guarantee risky)
adjustments you will end up in an alternating (on/off)  fan. And this is
more annoying than to have it simply on all the time.
In general I am very curious to all ideas as well and as I said I have
spent a lot of testing in this area.
The last hope I have that there is sometimes a better possibility to
influence the speed of the fan. The smallest speed is still to noisy.

JM2C
Thomas